Recurring issue with "you already have a folder or file with this name"

Brass Contributor

I am seeing a recurring issue that seems to have started within the last 2 weeks where new folders are added or folders are renamed and OneDrive reports that it cannot sync the folder b/c i "already have a folder or file with this name."  This is definitely not the case.  I am able to resovle by manually copying the same folder directly to the web location, which then successfully syncs locally.  The issue is fairly easy to recreate and I'm attaching a video of me creating and resolving the issue.

Video link: https://goo.gl/bZeRDw

5 Replies
Are you using the latest version of the OneDrive sync client?
I've had this issue myself recently and it was quite frustrating, but it appears to have gone in the latest version.

I'm not sure what the very latest might be, but I'm currently running 17.3.6798.0207 and still having the issue.

Yep that's definitely the latest build. It's a shame you're still having that.
Is it happening to just you, or others in your organisation as well?

Well, it's hard to say with any confidence.  Unfortunately everyone became habituated to the chronic problems from the old OD4B client, so they are often inclined to just ignore sync errors.

Hi Cameron Gocke

I have this problem 2 months ago, til now not resolve yet. I can not access to your link

Please advise

Thanks in advance