Please bring "add to OneDrive" to OneDrive for Business

Copper Contributor

In the free version of OneDrive users have the option to add a shared file to their own OneDrive by clicking "add to onedrive".  This allows the folder to be accessed from the OneDrive client installed locally.  This makes it very easy to open and save files without using the browser.  This option is currently not supported in the paid version of OneDrive for Business.  I have heard that this has been a popular complaint for a long time.  I have also heard that this option will be coming soon.  Can anyone confirm this or when this option will be available?  This would be very helpful in my setting.

Thanks!

4 Replies
If I'm remembering well, the feature is being added to ODFB. I think there is a message in the message center about this

Hi @Bob Hrisoulis,

I've got some good news for you :)

We demo'd this feature at Ignite 2019 last year (You can check out the session here, its at the very end). 

More to share here soon. Stay tuned ;)

Stephen Rice

Senior Program Manager, OneDrive

Thank you for the response @Stephen Rice .  Any idea when this feature will be available?

Hi @Bob Hrisoulis,

I don't have a specific timeframe to share just yet but keep an eye on Message Center for the latest news. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Senior Program Manager, OneDrive