OneDrive | Unable to share links, stuck on loading address book

Copper Contributor

I have tried sharing OneDrive links with people in my organization with no luck. 

Below are the 2 issues I run in to: 

The first one, I open up the file and click on Share > Choose send to specific people > Begin typing name. It gets stuck on searching.

Capture.JPG  

This happens when trying to Share directly from from the file location in my OneDrive folder.

Capture2.JPG

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times.

Doing this via the Web version seems to work with no issues. Any help or advice would be great :)

11 Replies

Hi @HPearch,

Sorry for the delay here! Are you still seeing this problem reproduce for you? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Senior Program Manager, OneDrive

hello, i have this problem also. Is there a solution?@Stephen Rice 

Hi mdevilly,

Can you paste a screenshot of what you are seeing? Thanks!

Stephen Rice
Hi,

I did hear about this issue sometime ago.. Maybe it's not the same issue but

"internet properties" --> "Advanced" --> "Security" uncheck "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"

If it works, change it in the gpo
User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\ Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Advanced Page\Do not save encrypted pages to disk.

@Rudy_Ooms_MVP 

I get this error. I am unable to decode what this error means or why it is happening ... I did google for answers online but found none. Is there a limit on how many links you can share? I have a paid subscription MS 365 Family.

Thank you

Anil

@Stephen Rice 

I get this error. I am unable to decode what this error means or why it is happening ... I did google for answers online but found none. Is there a limit on how many links you can share? I have a paid subscription MS 365 Family.

From user experience point of view, the error should guide us. Here it is leading us no where. 

Thank you

Anil

2021-09-06_14h46_54.jpg

Thanks for the flag! The team is investigating an issue that is preventing sharing links from being created. This is definitely unexpected and we hope to have a resolution here soon. Thank you for reporting this!

Stephen Rice

Same issue here, any solution yet?  @Stephen Rice 

Hi all,
We've identified the issue here and have a fix rolling out now! If you continue to see this after the next few days, please let me know! Thanks!

Stephen Rice

@Stephen Rice 

Hi Stephen! Here I am at the end of 2022 and I am still having this issue. I upload my doc to OneDrive, then hit the "Share" button, just for the little circle to spin in place forever instead of load contacts. What do I do to fix it?

I am getting the same error, unable to share folder.  Any solutions