OneDrive to OneDrive for Business File Migration?

Copper Contributor
Wondering if Microsoft has considered allowing users of both OneDrive as well as Office 365 the ability to move/copy files from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business? This would be extremely useful for users who have both services.
8 Replies
There is no way to move/copy files from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business using the Web UI, if this is what you mean. You should use other techniques, such as moving/copying files between the locally synced folders.
You can also open OneDrive for Business in Explorer view and then map a network drive to OneDrive personal and drag and drop.
Metalogix has a free SharePoint app/add-in that can import content from Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive to a SharePoint Library. I have used it several times to import content from OneDrive to my OneDrive for Business library. It has only two problems: 1. It doesn't support folders. 2. You must switch to the old OneDrive UI because it works as a button in the library ribbon. https://store.office.com/drive-to-office-365-WA103989791.aspx?lc=en-us&assetid=WA103989791&ui=en-US&...

Great suggestion! You should submit it to OneDrive User Voice!

In the meantime, if you have to move files at scale then BitTitian generally has the most cost effective solution.

Another technique could be to use Microsoft Flow. It is free and it works behind the scenes, directly cloud-to-cloud.
Or maybe use SPFileZilla :P....just kidding
I do not think SPFileZilla will work. I do not think you can log into 2 accounts at the same time. You can only do your local network on one side and then login to a SharePoint site on the other.

Now, I guess if you had the entire ODFB folder already synced to your machine, you could sign into the other account and do it that way.

Man, as I said, I was kidding