OneDrive share link not generating again

Copper Contributor

Attempts to share an image link are stuck forever generating and never ends up creating a link. This started happening out of the blue a few days ago.

2021-04-21.png

6 Replies
Interesting fact, I'm able to create links from my iOS OneDrive app, just not from the PC Web version.
I have had the exact same problem for two weeks now. I have contacted technical support. They emailed stating it is a known issue but that they have no ETA for a fix. I am worried because I am paying for this service which in practice is not working.
Hi Nathan,

Are you still seeing this issue? If so, can you try closing the viewer and selecting/sharing the file from the Files list? Thanks!

Stephen Rice
Senior Program Manager, OneDrive

@Stephen Rice I am also still seeing the issue but did as suggested by you and it works that way. I guess I will have to share links this way from now on until the drones at Microsoft fix the issue. Many thanks!

Well I like to think we're not too drone like ;)

I'll pass along and see if we can't figure out what's going on and get a fix here. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

New update :) We have a handful of fixes rolling out now, including for this issue!  Thanks for the report & patience here!

Stephen Rice