OneDrive Report

Copper Contributor

Hi,  probably a silly question (and sorry if it is!) but is it possible to get real-time/live reports for OneDrive active users/files?  I can just find reports for the last 7 days and which doesnt include today.  

5 Replies

@SaintsDT 

Go to admin center - reports - OneDrive! There's 180 days history there but it can take 24-48 hours til it shows

https://docs.microsoft.com/sv-se/office365/admin/activity-reports/onedrive-for-business-activity?red...

Also you can use the audit log in the security and compliance center to search for lot's of different kinds of file and sharing activity!

Adam

@adam deltinger  Thanks Adam, I was looking at the reports but with the 24-48 lag its not the most helpful.  Thats why was wondering if there was way of viewing the live data

@SaintsDT

What is the data you need?

The audit log is recent so you can see selected events as they happen 

@adam deltinger thanks again, was after live connections to onedrive and file access/sync.  I can see this under auditing.  Might be something need a 3rd party app

What exactly do you understand by "live reports for OneDrive active users/files"? The closes you can get to real-time data is what Adam mentioned above. Unless all you care about is the sharing scenario - for that you can configure notifications via the BccExternalSharingInvitations parameter, or configure a transport rule that adds additional recipients.