OneDrive related latest removed resriction

Iron Contributor

Hello

Can anyone confirms that following restriction is removed for OneDrive for Business. I saw the article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3125202/restrictions-and-limitations-when-you-sync-files-an... it says it is already implemented or rolling out

• Flie Size Limit of 15GB – Is it already rolled out for all the user, do we need to run any PowerShell cmdlet at Tenant Level, if so what is that
  • File Folder Name Character Limit of 400 Chars – Is it already rolled out for all the user, do we need to run any PowerShell cmdlet at Tenant Level, , if so what is that
  • Unsupported Characters – as I know # and % character restriction is also removed, is it also rolledout for all the user. To implement this we need run following script from tenant. If it is rolled out do we still need to rollout all the following script

Avian

6 Replies

As I know following text is not allowing in  folder name in SharePoint, are these no allowing in ODB? I tested couple of them, am able to create folders. 

,-Dateien,_fichiers,_bestanden,_file,_archivos,-filer,_tiedostot,_pliki,_soubory,_elemei,_ficheiros,_arquivos,_dosyalar,_datoteke,_fitxers,_failid,_fails,_bylos,_fajlovi,_fitxategiak,_vti_

Avian

My two cents here:
(1) File size limit: I think so since this information is reflected in the SPO limtis
(2) New File Folder Name Limit: Yes
(3) Special character support: Yes

Thanks Juan for the response.

So I assume that other then % and $ sign there no need to run the script from Tenant Admin.

Any update on SharePoint related restrictions.

I believe the % and $ sign are, as of last week, also supported without the use of a script.

From the message center:

MC118065
Stay Informed
Published On : September 7, 2017
We’re adding support for # and % as supported characters in file and folder names across document libraries in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. We'll begin rolling this feature out in October. This feature has been available for opt-in since earlier this year. We'll begin turning this on-by-default to existing organizations, in October. The update will be completed by the end of March 2018.

Thanks for correcting my info. :)