Onedrive readonly (green locks)

Copper Contributor

I've recently installed the latest preview build on the next-gen OneDrive client. I installed this version to test SharePoint document library syncing. I'm able to sync document libraries, but all folders and files appear to be read only on my laptop. I also see green lock icons instead of green checkmarks on all these files and folders. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I already tried to reset OneDrive and did a complete reinstall. Unfortunately I still see the green locks. I have these locks only with team sites. My personal OneDrive is working without problems.

2017-01-15_14-29-37.png

44 Replies

Hi @Coen Verbree 

A new version of OneDrive Sync has been released a few days ago. However, this is not yet fixed.

Being in the position of influencing the business applications in a 2000 people company, I am going to push to get rid of OneDrive Sync from employees computers.

It just doesn't help to have a "supported" application if Microsoft just don't care about real-life business needs in addition to recurrent performance/syncing issues.

@Coen Verbree 

I have the same issue - What I did to fix this?

In to SharePoint Library settings - versionsettings - and change the "Required content approveval " to NO 

Now the icone is gone 

@Marco Antonio Alvarez Garibay thank you Marco. Exactly waht I needed with all the details! Good stuff!

@Marco Antonio Alvarez Garibay 

In sharepoint when I click on settings I get the following options which are different that the ones you suggested:
Themes, Language and Time zone, Dark Mode, Password Change, Update contact preferences

Any suggestion where I might be doing wrong? Or the guideline on the updated version please. I am facing issue in my onedrive read only green padlock

@faaaa 

I think you are looking at the Site Settings,  when you need to be looking at the Library setting

From your OneDrive sync folder (in Windows Explorer)  right click one of the locked folder and click "View Online" 

That will take you to the library 

You can then click the cog and select Library Setting

You need to be a SharePoint Administrator or Site Owner in order to view these options and make the relevant changes.

Hope this helps