In Mac OSX Catalina, when you change the OneDrive data folder for another Volume (partition in same disk) the OnDemand stops working. In my case I created two partitions in internal ssd disk. First for operational system and second for data. To reproduce do:
- Download the latest OneDrive client
- Install and choose a folder in a partition different from /
- OnDemand becomes disabled
- When you enable OnDemand the OneDrive client crashes
- The context menu in finder has no more pin options
If you uninstall and install again and choose you OneDrive folder in / partition all works. In my case the / partition is very small and stay with OneDrive folder on it is not an option. It seems like a bug, because I can see no reason for these to happen.