OneDrive for Business Service Plan is gone

Steel Contributor

Hello, I recently wanted to disable the OneDrive for Business Service Plan in a M365 E5 license, but the service plan is not longer listed. The same in O365 E3 licenses. I can still buy the OneDrive for Business Plan 1 and 2, but it seems the plan is not longer listed in license packages. Is the OneDrive service plan now a part of the SharePoint Online plan? 

Someone with the same experience?

3 Replies
It has been like that for ages. Only the standalone plans and plans like O365 family have a separate service plan for OneDrive. Refer to the official documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/enterprise-users/licensing-service-plan-refe...
Thanks for the update. I don't think for ages, but good to know.
Two years ago I made a OneDrive rollout where I was able to disable the OneDrive plan in O365 E3 licenses, at least in our tenant.

@Vasil Michev Onedrive for Business includes plan1, and can also be purchased for $10.00 per month on 365 Business Basic and higher

OneDrive for business (Plan 2)

Provides personal cloud storage, offline access and sharing along with convenient online companions to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote to do light editing of documents directly from your Web browser. It also includes compliance and information protection for your files including legal hold, rights management and data loss prevention.

Select license quantity

Select billing frequency

‎$10.00‎ ‎license‎/month
Pay monthly, annual commitment
‎$120.00‎ ‎license‎/year
Pay yearly, annual commitment