SOLVED

OneDrive for buisiness known folders and shared computers

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to gert more informations about the comportment of OneDrive KFM.

Can KFM work on a shared computer ? Shared computer by 3-4 different users. As it's a computer configuration, how it will be done for other users ?

Also, i'm looking for Insider release notes of onedrive, but i'm unable to find them.

Thanks for your help!

Axel.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by axelb (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @axelb 

I have just finished deploying the KFM solution to a school of which has many shared computers. 

For shared computers, make sure you have the per-machine install of OneDrive and not the default one. To do this, download the OneDriveSetup.exe and run it in CMD with /allusers

I have then configured KFM to silently sign in using GPO, and that's pretty much it. Everything should work the same as it does for a single user, and work even better if you have the above configured.

If you have users who aren't ready for a KFM solution yet, any folder redirection policies that you have configured will override the KFM policy so nothing will be migrated.

Hi @Rhys Williams

Thank you for your feedback !

One question left : My users already have the OneDrive client (the builit-in one in Win10). How can I manage that ? That means that I need to reinstall it ?

Regards,

Axel

Hi @axelb ,

The default client still works for KFM on a shared device, however as it is technically installed on a per-user basis, it takes a while for it to kick in everytime a new user logs into the device. You can deploy it via script if you want to as running the OneDriveSetup.exe /allusers command overwrites the current installation, you don't need to uninstall the original installation prior to running this.

Thanks for your help.

I will test soon and make a feedback for others :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by axelb (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @axelb 

I have just finished deploying the KFM solution to a school of which has many shared computers. 

For shared computers, make sure you have the per-machine install of OneDrive and not the default one. To do this, download the OneDriveSetup.exe and run it in CMD with /allusers

I have then configured KFM to silently sign in using GPO, and that's pretty much it. Everything should work the same as it does for a single user, and work even better if you have the above configured.

If you have users who aren't ready for a KFM solution yet, any folder redirection policies that you have configured will override the KFM policy so nothing will be migrated.

View solution in original post