OneDrive File Request "You can only upload 20 files at a time"

Copper Contributor

We have users starting to use the File Request option in OneDrive.  They created a folder and setup Request Files for that folder.  They sent the link  that people can use to upload files.  When others go to use that link they can only upload 20 files at at time.  If they try to upload more than 20 files, they received a message that states "You can only upload 20 files at a time. Please do another upload for the additional files."  I have tried to search for file upload limits for file requests on OneDrive and could not find anything that talks about a 20 file limit.  I can only find file size limits, which is not the issue (the files I am trying to upload is around 30kb each).  Has anyone else encountered this limitation before and is there a setting to increase this limit?

6 Replies
I'm cannot recall any way to change the limit (perhaps open a support case on that?), but the idea is to prevent (un)intentional abuse of the functionality with too many uploads/consuming too much storage.
Hello,

What is odd is that when I did a search about a limit on the file upload, I couldn't find anything about it. It doesn't state anywhere that I could find that there is a 20 file upload limit for the file request. The only limits I saw had to with with file sizes, not number of files. Shouldn't this limit be documented somewhere?
You can always leave feedback on the documentation, use the built-in form at the bottom.
I did that, referring this post. It's often a good way to bring these things to Microsoft's attention
"the idea is to prevent (un)intentional abuse of the functionality with too many uploads/consuming too much storage." - yes it seems like a rule-of-thumb for reducing impact of many simultaneous uploads in a way that is not unlike row-locking limits in SharePoint

@tammymiller33 -- I am also looking for these limits. Did you find anything? I can't even find the file size limits you refer to. Do you mind posting a link to those if you still have them handy? Thanks!