Onedrive Backup and Restore Exe or Script

Copper Contributor

At my previous job they used had a backup/restore exe or batch file that would run a full backup of a user's device and dump it onto Onedrive and then could rerun the file to restore and it would bring all applications installed, downloaded files, desktop setup, setttings, etc. Wanting to bring that to my current job as they are moving to O365 and Onedrive to help people when they get a new system or have a loaner, etc. Thank you for the help in advance. 

3 Replies
You will need to be careful with Onedrive, we cannot assume it will Sync for every user for all occasions. For example I was re-imaging a user to the new version of company desktop, they were instructed to ensure their desktop and other files were present on their Onedrive cloud location, but this user was a very Online/Offline type, even though the desktop files were matched with the Onedrive icon/tick, the re-image resulted in a brand new Desktop folder being created and he lost his desktop files - they were not in his OD account! I looked at restoring the files to previous day but I did not want to chance this. I am now ensuring 'busy' desktops are backed up prior to executing the re-imaging process!

Gotcha, from how it worked at my last job was they had a exe or batch file that ran a backup on the C drive and stored it on the user's onedrive and then was able to restore it by pointing back to onedrive and was able to copy everything back over and that's what I am trying to accomplish if that is possible or if anyone knows what I am talking about.@MikeGee 

YES NOT ALWAYS ON TIME WITH SOME OF THESE PROGRAM BACKUP;RESTORE THE VOLUME SETTING SOMETIME CAN BE A PROBLEM AS WELL NOT STABLE AND U MIGHT LOOK INTO A VISION SETTING SOON FOR THIS AS WELL A CRASH COULD BE A ISSUE AND NEED YOUR ATTENTION.