Office 365 Admin Center Reports Usage > One Drive Usage IncludesTerminated Users

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I exported a One Drive for Business usage report today and found several users on the report that have been terminated well over 30 days. Two questions about this: 

1. Is there a way to filter out these users? 

2. Does the data still exist somewhere, so that it is taking up storage space? 

Thanks in advance for helping answer these questions. 

10 Replies
I don't know how notify this problem..
In all posts there's the name of the person who reply without a space near the term "replied"...
See the example:

Juan Carlos González Martínreplied to Kim Ryan 2m ago - last edited a minute ago

Martínreplied !!!!

Has their active directory account been deleted? Are there files in their OneDrive that were shared to other users and those other users are still using those files?

Hi -- I don't see the reply. Can you please re-post? Thanks

Has their active directory account been deleted? Are there files in their OneDrive that were shared to other users and those other users are still using those files?

I don't know about the AD account. I will ask the AD Admin about this. As for file sharing, is there a way to see what files are shared with other users in the organization? Any report I can run?

Thanks

I don't do any OneDrive reporting, so I don't have an answer for you there. Sorry.

You'll want to leverage the Access Delegation feature for instances where user's profiles are deleted from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. The default is to retain files for 30 days, alerting the identified manager of this change letting them know to move these files before they are deleted. Once the profile is deleted there are some ways to see if the deleted site collection is recoverable.  You can learn more in this KB article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3042522

I have had a support ticket open since 16-Aug-16 for this same problem. I read many of the documents on Knowledgebase and none of them worked, so I opened a ticket. We have space being reported as in use by these terminated employees. Not sure we are being charged since the allocation is so high but it may be a compliance issue if we are ever audited.

Yes, I read the article, and we are leveraging the Access Delegation feature. Orphaned sites seemed to be a possiblity, so I ran the PowerShell script suggested but did not find any My Sites (One Drive for Business) sites listed. It's a helpful article, but unfortunately does not solve the problem.