SOLVED

Not seeing any folders or files in iOS app, only 'Libraries'

Copper Contributor

Help! My company is piloting Office 365 (minus exchange for now). We had commercial license but just switched to GCC (Govt) account and migrated our domain a couple of days ago. 

Now, when users log back into OneDrive for Business on their iPhone or iPad, none of their files are displayed. Actually the only section displayed at all is 'Libraries' with no option to switch to files view. However OneDrive works fine for the same users on the web or on the desktop app, all files are there and they can interact with them as normal.

What am I missing? Is there some global setting that is preventing the file functionality from working on mobile devices?

9 Replies
best response confirmed by Geminix (Copper Contributor)
Solution

As a quick followup, I got it figured out. Users needed to go to OneDrive on the web and create a temporary file or folder. Then once they signed out and back into the OneDrive app on their iPad, all their files magically appeared and they were good to go.

@Geminix - I hope you will still see this as I have just joined one drive for business and I am having exactly the same issue as you have mentioned and I have spent the last 4 hours getting no where.  I followed your instructions but I still can't get anything ot show up on my business profile......my personal profile is fine.  I'm so disheartened, pay for a product that isn't working

Same things here. I you find a solution please le me know.

@GeminixI am having the exact same issue, the fix you mentioned did not fix it for me. Has someone figured this one out? No one seems to know.

Same here. We can see the files in the Shared Shortcut on the Web and the files sync just fine in macOS.

However, in the iOS App, the “shared” tab shows absolutely nothing.

@Geminix

Hello,

I am having this same issue. Hopefully Microsoft can figure it our for us.

@Geminix 

Seems like others had the same issue but creating files and folders on web version of onedrive was not sufficient.

I tried something and it seemed to work:

- Create a file and a folder manually on web version of onedrive

- on ipad/iphone, in settings, go to icloud > Apps using icloudf (click "Show All), and ensure that onedrive using icloud is ticked off

- Check if it solved things, if not re-tick it on and you're done, if not keep on with next steps

- Delete the onedrive app

- reinstall onedrive app

- login: works like a charm

Running into this issue for the first time setting up a new user, same as always. Tried clearing cache, uninstalling/reinstalling app, creating a folder in the web app and then uninstalling/reinstalling, signing out and back in multiple times and the issue persists. Wondering if anyone has had any better luck with other solutions?

@KCIJOliver 

UPDATE: So this was happening for the user's phone I was setting up.  I setup their iPad and same thing happened.  I ended up resolving this by doing the following:

1. Unassigned the user's E1 license
  2. Initiated sign-out of all sessions
  3. Signed back into the OneDrive app WITHOUT having an E1 license - all items showed up as they should.
  4. Re-assigned E1 license, app continued to work.  

I did the above process just for the phone and the iPad continued to have issues after signing out and back in multiple times (with the license assigned after step 4).  It ONLY resolved on the iPad after doing those steps as well, which included unassigning the license and signing back into the app without a license.  Really strange. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Geminix (Copper Contributor)
Solution

As a quick followup, I got it figured out. Users needed to go to OneDrive on the web and create a temporary file or folder. Then once they signed out and back into the OneDrive app on their iPad, all their files magically appeared and they were good to go.

View solution in original post