SOLVED

Multiple entries matched, please click to resolve

Steel Contributor

Seeing the following when attempting to share from ODFB - clicking to resolve as suggested does nothing. These users exist in another tenant that I am also a member of. They are not defined in my own tenant from which I'm attempting to share this document. It's as if ODFB is confused as I have an account in both the source and target tenant. Anyone encountered this ?

snip_20171121162357.png

9 Replies

1.Which is the account out of the two that is creating a problem(from the screenshot)?

Can you share with one entry at a time so that you can pin point on the actual problematic account.

2.You mentioned having an account on both tenants.

Lets assume, tenant 1 which is the tenant that you are sharing from; user@ten1.com AND tenant two is : user@ten2.com.

On tenant 1, for the user user@ten1.com, is the alternate email address set as user@ten2.com ?

I recall seeing an error like this sometime back and it was related to alternate email addresses.

Both accounts shown are in error. Both were typed in manually, in full -ie any autocomplete was ignored

No alternate addresses defined and indeed I'm not sure where you'd define these.

I'm pretty sure I can get around this issues by pre-creating the accounts in Azure AD but obviously that's not always desirable.

best response confirmed by Ian Moran (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Have you ever shared anything with these users before?
If you go to following page :
Go to your onedrive for business site:
Site Settings > People & Groups
Edit the URL and change the "MembershipGroupId=<nn>" to "MembershipGroupId=0"
Do you see any of the 2 users?

Bingo ! The users were indeed listed, removed them, and sharing worked.  What's actually going on here ? Thanks for your help

Hard to say hehe.. Could have been stale entries on the User Information table or the possibility that these were first created as internal users then shared external OR vice versa...

I think in the past I did create them directly in Azure AD but then removed them. They seemed to linger on as SharePoint users.

the logical explanation would be that when you created them as internal users, and assigned some permission to them/shared something from your onedrive, there was an entry done on the user info table with a unique id... Now that you are trying to share with them as "external users" the user info table already has an entry for them as internal users, and that might have caused the clash..

That certainly sounds feasible, thanks again

Check deleted external deleted emails on your admin center. If they show there restore them!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ian Moran (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Have you ever shared anything with these users before?
If you go to following page :
Go to your onedrive for business site:
Site Settings > People & Groups
Edit the URL and change the "MembershipGroupId=<nn>" to "MembershipGroupId=0"
Do you see any of the 2 users?

View solution in original post