Microsoft Office apps for iOS does not correctly save the new documents through Files app of iOS

Copper Contributor

Microsoft Office apps for iOS does not correctly save the new documents through Files app of iOS and iPadOS to online storage like OneDrive.

When a new document created in Microsoft Office for iOS is saved using the Files app for iOS and iPadOS to online storage accounts like in OneDrive account, the document file does not get saved correctly. On the same device where it was created, the saved document shows zero KB size, while on any other device connected to the same OneDrive account, the saved document does not even gets listed.

However, if the newly created document file is saved without using the files app by using the OneDrive account directly from the options in Microsoft office app for iOS, the document file gets saved properly and is also displayed on all the connected devices.

This erratic behaviour occurs on all iOS and iPadOS devices and using different OneDrive accounts. 

Thus the problem is not due to the device particular but is a bug in Microsoft Office for iOS which prevents it to connect to iOS Files App correctly. 

This same erratic behaviour also occurs with individual apps viz. Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel etc for iOS and iPadOS..

This is a bug in Microsoft Office apps. Kindly rectify the bug.

2 Replies
I have some problems like yours,

Besides having a problem saving through one drive, I am also experiencing saving through iCloud. After saving the successfully, sync automatically through iCloud.

The file suddenly becomes corrupted and cannot be opened.

I do not know what is wrong, is it excel, one drive, office app, iCloud, or anything else.

So frustating~