MacOS Finder OneDrive On-Demand Status not showing up

Copper Contributor

Good morning, I was hoping someone may be able to help me find a solution to this problem.

I have MacOS 10.15.5 installed and the latest version of OneDrive (20.084.0426.0007) and Files on Demand is enabled in my preferences tab. In finder I can see the options to Free Up Space or select "Always Keep on this Device" but the folder icons in Finder do not display the status symbols (the cloud icon, the checkmark, the checkmark with green background). I have restarted my computer, re-launched finder, and re-installed OneDrive with no improvement.

5 Replies

I have the same problem. The section doesn't even show up and finder do not show Keep on this computer or Free space.

Already tried:

- uninstalling and reinstalling

- unlink, relink

- delete json files from ~/Library/Caches/OneDrive/

What can I do to fix this?

Running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)

@fcrespo82 @taelvin 

Me too. 

OneDrive 20.169.0823.0006

macOS 10.15.7

@taelvin 

It looks there are many mac users with the same problem. Like I do... ;)

But it looks like there isn't proposed any solution to this problem, is there? 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,

Jan

@jandelange The resolution for me was that I was logging into the Mac as a Standard user.  I changed my account to an admin, logged in and it was resolved.  It stayed resolved when I changed it back to standard.

@taelvin 

I have just had almost the same problem. In Mac settings, go to Extensions and check OneDrive under each of the subject where OneDrive appears. End by restarting your computer. This worked well for me. Had tried reinstalling and a number of other things without any luck.