Let 2 accounts (personal - business) sync different folders - OneDrive

MVP

I need to sync my desktop and pictures folders with my personal account and sync my Documents folder with my business account, currently this is not possible, please make it happen.

if you like this, please upvote it on the feedback hub, thank you: https://aka.ms/AAamwng

4 Replies

@HotCakeX  The easier path is to create a Documents folder inside your business account. There is no requirement that you use the Windows folder defaults.

The problem is, Documents folder is still in the C partition. I have 10 other partitions with many other folders. there is no point in moving all of my files into C partition to sync them with OneDrive, nor is it possible due to C partition's limited size.
Google Drive allows users to sync any folder on the computer.

@HotCakeX I don't know how your partitions work or relate to where your OneDrive root folders are synced, but what you are asking for is a degree of complexification in the user interface to manage of all of this which is highly unlikely to get traction. 

Your scenario of 10 partitions is highly unusual and does not dovetail well with cloud interoperability. The Documents folder can be moved quite easily between partitions and there are ways to repoint folders in other partitions to folders inside OneDrive using commands like SUBST. 

@Mike Williams 

@Mike Williams wrote:

@HotCakeX I don't know how your partitions work or relate to where your OneDrive root folders are synced, but what you are asking for is a degree of complexification in the user interface to manage of all of this which is highly unlikely to get traction. 

Your scenario of 10 partitions is highly unusual and does not dovetail well with cloud interoperability. The Documents folder can be moved quite easily between partitions and there are ways to repoint folders in other partitions to folders inside OneDrive using commands like SUBST. 

Well, many people use more multiple terabytes of storage on their computer, it's nothing unusual. that can easily lead to having lots of partitions.

complex? okay did you read my previous comment? I said Google drive has this already. I'm sure OneDrive developers are capable enough for this.

it's not unusual my friend, if you don't use that then it's fine but don't think what other people do is unusual if it is not like the way you use your computer.