Issue on One Drive in desktop

Copper Contributor

I have perform a migration from one SharePoint Library to a correct SharePoint Library. So then me and other users add a shortcut of this library on personal One Drive. When we work on SharePoint or on Online One Drive site, all runs correctly, the users are library owners. But wen we work with the files or folders, as try to create a new file, or new folder in desktop One Drive, we got permission issue. 
In very first level of the folder we can do everything, but when we go to a sub folder, we cannot do nothing.

ChristopherMRosa_0-1662134721182.png

I just don't have idea of what is going on. And the users are complaining to us previous version where this was not happening.

Somebody can help me on that?

8 Replies

Some body has any clue about this issue?

Hi @ChristopherMRosa,

Here are some steps to resolve the issue:

-Did you try to uninstall and reinstall OneDrive App? if not please do and re -Sync the Files and folders

-Please clear browser cache

-Please check the Site permission settings: Customize SharePoint site permissions - SharePoint in Microsoft 365 | Microsoft Docs

Please check the behavior now! 

If issue still persists, please do the following:

-Take ownership of the problematic file:

1. Locate the directory that you can’t access, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
  2. Go to Security tab and click the Advanced button.
  3. In the Owner section on the top, click Change.
  4. Enter your username and click the Check Names button. If everything is in order, click OK to save changes.
  5. Now check Replace owner on subcointainers and objects and click Apply and OK to save changes.

Steps:
    S1.jpeg

-After making these changes, you’ll have full ownership over the problematic directory and the Access denied message shall be gone.

@Ahmed_Masoud97 Hi, I do all this steps and some others and the issue still persists.

In fact I uninstall the OneDrive on my computer and install a new version, and when the library is been synchronized, I am able to create folders and load files, but since become synchronized, all the behavior returns. 
I force the permissions and still have no effect. It looks like every synchronization that happen pulls me back to previous issue. The folders that I create become read only, and no matter what I do, they still remain on read only state.

Oh, Sorry to hear that!

Please Do the following and try again:

1-Unlink OneDrive desktop
2-https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c#:~:text=Select%20Applications.,Clear%20data%20and%20Clear%20cache.
3-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/cached-credentials/d6cc7f1f-3d78-4f4e-9d3f-b87a14abbe3c
4-Link it again!

And share with me the results
I do that... It works for some few time, and them stop again
Could you please try in a new Windows profile?
Do not work too...

@ChristopherMRosa 

One thing you can try is to check the permissions on the SharePoint library to make sure that you and the other users have the correct permissions to perform the actions you are trying to do. You can do this by going to the library in the SharePoint online web interface and clicking on the "Shared with" option in the ribbon. This will show you a list of users and groups that have access to the library, as well as their permissions. Make sure that you and the other users have at least "Edit" permissions on the library.

If the permissions on the SharePoint library seem to be set correctly, you may want to try resetting the OneDrive sync client on your desktop. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Close the OneDrive app on your desktop.
  2. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
  3. Type the following command and press Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
  4. Wait for the reset process to complete, then close the Command Prompt.
  5. Reopen the OneDrive app and try to access the shared library again.

This process will reset the OneDrive sync client and may help to resolve any issues you are experiencing. If the problem persists after trying these steps, you may want to try restarting your computer or contacting Microsoft support for further assistance.

Please let me know the results :)