SOLVED

Import PST Files from OneDrive

Copper Contributor

Hello community.
I want to ask a question: Is there a way to import PST files into Office 365, when PST file is in OneDrive?

3 Replies

@Samuelito 

Hi, I have some questions please;

1). Are the PST files in your OneDrive being synced with the OneDrive sync tool, or are they stored purely in the cloud?

2). Are the PST files in your OneDrive still actively open in Outlook?  If this were the case, you would know about it, as the PST's would have to be synced in this case, and this would cause you sync issues as OneDrive sync client cannot sync PST files which are open.

If your PST files are being successfully synced with the OneDrive sync tool, then you should be able to use the Import PST feature in the Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance Center to upload your PST's to Azure storage, and then map them to the appropriate Exchange Online mailbox.

The process is detailed here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/importing-pst-files-to-office-365?view=o36... but in order for this to work, the AzCopy tool will need to be able to use a local file path or UNC to access the PST files.  So the PST's will need to reside on your device in order for this to work.

Hope this helps.

@PeterRising 

Answering your questions:

1). Are the PST files in your OneDrive being synced with the OneDrive sync tool, or are they stored purely in the cloud? No, they are currently only in the cloud.

2). Are the PST files in your OneDrive still actively open in Outlook?  If this were the case, you would know about it, as the PST's would have to be synced in this case, and this would cause you sync issues as OneDrive sync client cannot sync PST files which are open. PST files are currently on OneDrive and are not syncing since they were shared by OneDrive

From what I see I cannot import the files directly from OneDrive ... Do you know if I can use Azure File Explorer to import them?

best response confirmed by Samuelito (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Samuelito 

I'm afraid you will be unable to import the PST's directly from OneDrive.  They are going to need to be on a Local Computer or server UNC share in order for you to be able to import them.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Samuelito (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Samuelito 

I'm afraid you will be unable to import the PST's directly from OneDrive.  They are going to need to be on a Local Computer or server UNC share in order for you to be able to import them.

View solution in original post