How does OneDrive/Office 365 handle terminated users that are rehired

Copper Contributor

Two questions here

How does OneDrive/Office 365 handle terminated users that are rehired before the 30 day window and after the 30 day window. (accounts are recreated with the same name and email address)

In the past I have seen where there were multiple OneDrives: /John_Doe_Company_Com, /John_Doe1_Company_com

Is this still the case? I couldn't find anything on the Internet that explains this process in detail, if anyone knows of an article that goes in depth, or if you can shed on insight that would be great.

3 Replies
If you are asking about re-connecting the user to the ODFB already in place, this is not going to happen...user will get a new fresh ODFB provisioned.

Same name/email/UPN doesnt matter, it's the ObjectID that is used behind the scenes. So as @Juan Carlos González Martín mentioned, he will get a new profile. 

Although ODFB is very sensitive to changes in UPN as well...

New objectID (recreating account) = New OneDrive

Old ObjectID (restoring from AD recycle bin) = Old OneDrive (and OneDrive contents don't get deleted by cleanup process)

Thank you @Vasil Michev for answering my question on the other thread as well, I know the questions are very similar.