Homedrive to OD4B using Office 365 Import Center

Steel Contributor

Has anyone used the import center to migrate a large homedrive on a on premises file share to Onedrive for Business? I am reading over the documentation and have a couple of questions.

1. is there a storage cost incurred when using the azure storage account to move this data into OD4B?

2. is there a limit on how much data I can import using this process?

3. the examples show how to target a sharepoint sites document library in the SPOnline Migration package created in step 4, but does not give an example for targeting OD4B. When targeting OD4B what would be the correct TargetDocumentLibraryPath? (tried "Files", and "Documents" resulting in this entry in logs: Server Exception: CorrelationId '0f3da89d-a026-3000-af74-93af71ac7430' - 'File Not Found.' 

We have a few users with around 150GB of data in their on premises file share and I would rather move it for them then have them do it from the desktop.

4 Replies

@Gaurav Doshi@Aaron Rimmer would either of you happen to be able to weigh in?

Hi Robert, We have nearly finished out migration and loaded 17.5Tb of data into OneDrive using this method, so 1. It's free if you are uploading (I think they charge if you ship drives to them) 2. No Limit 3. We used ShareGate to migrate the content so it automated all that process for us, we automated it via powershell to do a batch of users each night. Steven

1. no cost as long as its not drive shipping

2. only the limit of your destination site collections

3.OD4B is just another site collection in the end

it seems like you failed to upload something to the azure container.

Make sure the onedrive is provisionned

for the questions here is a sample of those parameters.

-TargetWebUrl https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_contoso_com/ 

-targetDocumentLibraryPath Documents

Thanks, I was using the full OneDrive URL including "/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx".
Once I removed that portion step 4 completes successfully and I am on to uploading the data to Azure Az as outlined in step 5! Thanks again.