Group policies with the new 17.3.6998.0830 client

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I'm currently testing the new OneDrive for Business client, version 17.3.6998.0830. I extracted and imported the new .admx and .adml files and created a fairly basic GPO. However, when I applied the GPO to a couple of Windows 10 clients, there was no record of the GPO settings being applied in the registry (this used to be visible with the previous versions of the admin templates (eg the second wave update setting etc.)).

The GPO seems to be applying correclty according to gpresult, and when installing the client I wasn´t able to change the sync folder location, as expected.

Is this normal behaviour at this stage?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone has now had the chance to try this? It's really important for me to know that the GPO is being applied correctly, especially in relation to delaying client updates and also bandwidth control. Any comments are more than welcome.

Regards,

John

Hello,

Same, "The GPO seems to be applying correclty according to gpresult".

For me "Set the maximum download bandwidth that OneDrive.exe uses" has no effect.

Compared to old version, in the admx file "{INSERT YOUR TENANT'S GUID HERE}" has disapeared.

Nothing in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft....

Has anyone have good result ?