Grey X on files

Copper Contributor

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask for assistance with an error, I am a student at the University of the West Indies. UWI has a partnership with OneDrive where the students are offered a free membership to OneDrive. I have been using the desktop application since my 2nd year however this is my fourth and final year of UWI and I am trying to do my thesis paper. What happened, is that my laptop was running slow so I disabled Onedrive so that I can have functionality. After re-enabling it I realized there was a grey X on all my files and I can't seem to access it on the desktop app anymore I have to go online. I don't want to delete the app and reinstall it since I have saved a lot of information in different folders that I realized didn't sync to the online server, so I fear data loss. Also, I realized the application is not signing into the account but when I try sign-in using another method (i.e. using my personal one drive account) it states that the account is already sign-in. When in fact it isn't signed in, all attempts to fix this error was in vain so I am pleasing to the Onedrive community to fix the error without data loss. Thanks for the time and consideration taken with the matter, any courtesies provided to me would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Rishard Mahadeo

Student ID: 815006184

The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine  

Electrical and Computer Engineering

0 Replies