SOLVED

External Sharing only with Verifiction Code

Brass Contributor

Hello everybody,

i have the following question sharing Documents with external. Is it possible to change the Onedrive configuration that when i share a document with external that they get everytime a Verifiaction Code ?

I don't want that the external, when they have an O365 Teanat, create a guest Account in my teanent. 

Thanks for help

Peter

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Pete32 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi, that is how it works, creating a guest user when the verification code is used for the first time by a different Office 365 tenant user, for other email types not related to Azure AD, they will use the code each time: 

"When users share files or folders, recipients will be asked to enter a verification code if they have:

• A work or school account in Azure AD from another organization
  • An email address that isn't a Microsoft account or a work or school account in Azure AD

If the recipient has a work or school account, they only need to enter the code the first time. Then they will be added as a guest and can sign in with their organization's user name and password. If the recipient doesn't have a work or school account, they need to use a code each time they access the file or folder, and they are not added to your directory."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/external-sharing-overview

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pete32 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi, that is how it works, creating a guest user when the verification code is used for the first time by a different Office 365 tenant user, for other email types not related to Azure AD, they will use the code each time: 

"When users share files or folders, recipients will be asked to enter a verification code if they have:

• A work or school account in Azure AD from another organization
  • An email address that isn't a Microsoft account or a work or school account in Azure AD

If the recipient has a work or school account, they only need to enter the code the first time. Then they will be added as a guest and can sign in with their organization's user name and password. If the recipient doesn't have a work or school account, they need to use a code each time they access the file or folder, and they are not added to your directory."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/external-sharing-overview

View solution in original post