Error 1200 OneDrive

Iron Contributor

After migration I cannot sign in to OneDrive in Windows. The following error message appears: We have encountered a problem. [1200]. I cleared the cache, reinstalled OneDrive, reset it, but nothing changes.

6 Replies
Unfortunatelly it didn't help.

@AtanasM I have similarly been struggling with this for over a month with little success until today. If you are connecting to a 'work or school' account, it looks like you need to log into admin on the Office 365 portal, go into Azure Active Directory Manager, find the device name in Devices>All Devices, delete the device from the Azure AD, then on the PC go to windows account>work and school and disconnect the account. Once everything is disconnected, add the account again. Not only did that fix the specific account that I was reconnecting, but another work/school account on a different domain that was also not working on this computer reset itself during the procedure and asked for the password - this account then worked too. Let me know how it goes.

@SeanDonovan what can we do if the work & school account is used for sigh in to the computer?

@AtanasMI presume after you remove the device on Azure AD, when you log in it will re-register the device.

use a Account with administrator privileges login,
rename C:\Users\your problem account\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy toC:\Users\your account\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy.old
use your problem account to login and try to sign office 365 or onedrive

BTW,you also can create a new user to sign office 365 or onedrive