EMBED FUNCTION FAILING TO PROCESS

Copper Contributor

Hi All

Seriously hope someone can help. I have opened a case at MS Support but jeez, 1 reply a day asking for further info then waiting another day for the reply.

Situation is this. We have a project with over 2,000 images which are stored in a folder on one drive.

We use the embed function link to show the image in our database so it is n integral part of our database design.

Recently discovered that the JPG format was losing colours whenever the image was changed or updated (which had happened recently) so we switched to TIF format.

So after a laborious  reload we then set about getting the new embed code links again.

Except that the EMBED FUNCTION has decided to crack it and keeps reporting an error.  It worked for about the first 30-40 then suddenly has run away and taken its bat and ball with it.

But it is seemingly at random.  One minute it will do 20 in a row before it stops.  If you stay with the image it says has an error try later and continually click generate EVENTUALLY it will do the right thing and give you one.

NOW TO MY MIND thats say one drive has an issue at the server end which seems to be confirmed by what I was able to observe in the console mode every time I clicked genrate.

skyapi.onedrive.live.com/API/2/SetPermissions:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 429 ()
skyapi.onedrive.live.com/API/2/GetEmbedInfo?id=226B7F8375E4B2AD%2153613:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()
skyapi.onedrive.live.com/API/2/SetPermissions:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 429 ()

Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?   SEE PICTURE ATTACHED

I have tried 4 different browsers, 3 different machines, 3 different networks in distant locations, and connection via a mobile phone using chrome and all report the same result.

Cheers

1 Reply

Just looked up status 429 seems to be something to do with too many requests.

Welll sheeeet I have to generate 2,000+ of them how the hell am I supposed to do that when you consider going through them one by one is too many requests ????

Throttling - what a load of nonsense