Co-Authoring & OneDrive

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue within the organization (we have recently moved to O365 from gSuite).

The problem is about multiple access to the same document.

This is what I have discovered so far:

If I open the file (that is stored on OneDrive and multiple users have access to the file) using "Open" icon / Online Locations / OneDrive / Folder / file, it seems that is opened correctly using "online" features (multiple users can edit the file, the AutoSafe is On and I can see that the document is shared & opened from OneDrive in the document properties)

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.35.28.pngScreenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.36.06.png

But If I open the file directly from the Finder (we are almost all MAC users), the document is opened "locally" and multiple copies of the file are created (conflicts). Autosave is not working and no co-authoring is available:

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.36.33.pngScreenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.36.24.png

In the OneDrive app, the Office Online features are enabled:

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 07.36.46.png

Is this a "feature" or some error? Because for the users it is very confusing and the productivity is much lower compared to DropBox :\

Any hints?

OneDrive version: 19.033.0218.0013 (Standalone)

Excel: 16.24 (19041401)

MacOS: 10.14.4

2 Replies
This was a know limitation before and should have been fixed with version 16.12!

See this forum thread for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sharepoint-mso_mac-mso_o365b/why-does-on...

I don’t use MAC but hopefully someone else here can help you out further!
Make sure other users are not opening the file with older versions of office. Everyone has to have supported recent version to be able to do coauthoring not just your own. So check those out first. But might be a reinduced bug or something because it should def. work as you expect.