Cannot delete local folder for previously synced SharePoint location

Steel Contributor

I've got a Mac running MacOS 12.5 and OneDrive sync client version 22.151.0717.0001. OneDrive syncing is working fine, and syncing SharePoint libraries or folders works as well. However, when I STOP syncing a SharePoint location, the shortcut to that location seems to persist in Finder with no way to delete it. 

When I right/command click the shortcuts, there's no "Move to trash" option. Dragging to the trash does nothing (shows a "do not enter" icon in the trash window). I've quit/restarted OneDrive and tried restarting the computer. The only way to get rid of them is to "reset" OneDrive, which ALSO resets my OneDrive content sync (business and personal), so that's not a practical option for what may be a common practice (stopping syncing and cleaning up).

Is there some additional permission or setting that needs to be enabled to delete these "left behind" folders?

4 Replies

@Chad_V_Kealey 

I have the same problem on a device. 

Did you manage to solve the issue?

Eventually, the issue seemed to fix itself. I think it was a byproduct of using an outdated sync client. I installed some OS updates, updated the OneDrive sync client and was then able to delete the folders.

@Chad_V_Kealey 

You may also want to try turning off OneDrive and deleting the offending folder (after you stop sync of course) and see if that helps?

Cheers

Damien

@Chad_V_Kealey 

I my case, the issue also resolved it self a few days later then I stopped all sync on the client and did n new sync of a folder.