Can't open any file deleted from OneDrive and recovered later

Copper Contributor

I changed the location of my OneDrive folder in my computer (Windows system), to a different hard drive, and after that I permanently removed the original folder. The problem is that the folder wasn't synchronized (I don't know why), and I lost the files that I updated/created in the last 45 days.

I recovered the files using Windows recovery, but I can't open any one of them, in any format. There are spreadsheets, documents, pdf files, images and so on, and when I try to open any of them the error message is always similar: Invalid format or extension, or the file is corrupted. I can't believe that all files are corrupted, they've been deleted and recovered only an hour later, so I associate this problem with OneDrive or the files being treated as downloaded or attached files.

I also tried to attach one of the files to this message, but I received the error: 

• The attachment's pacman maze.xlsx content type (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

I tried different solutions to open these files, without success, so I would appreciate any help.

1 Reply
Have you ever resolved this issue as I am having it now. I transferred files, pictures, music to a different drive and now getting this issue.
I lost so many pictures and no idea how to get them back, atleast with ecxel and other files I still have the shell