Can't change OneDrive storing location to secondary drive

Copper Contributor

My Mac's primary SSD only has a limited amount of space so since macOS big sur, I've chosen my secondary drive to be my storing location and it worked great without problems. But on macOS Monterey, after uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, when I choose my secondary drive, it keep saying this:

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 8.51.54 AM.png

My secondary drive isn't a removable drive! How do I fix this?

Thank you!

6 Replies
I already do that and it says as the above image
No clear what "that" refers to. Did you specifically "Ensure the external drive is a non-ejectable type and formatted as APFS."?
Yes. After I tried resetting OneDrive, it lets me choose that. But idk why it creates an alias at my chosen location (i.e my secondary SSD) that points to my primary SSD. Now it still stores my files at my primary SSD!
Did you find an answer. I have the same problem on a Windows NAS
Mac OS works differently when it comes to disks. They are all "logical" and needs to be a partition thats available for both Mac File system and NTFS. Check the "settings" and find the disk application. You will see several partitions on a single Harddrive (SSD/HDD). This is normal for MacOS, but in Big Sur, it grabs the disks with users "rights", so you need to verify it, and "repair" it with "rights" for all users to use the files, and voila, onedrive works. Also, do not use external drives. Mac OS see them simular to USB and not like a mounted disk as in Windows. Also, it depends what users (APP ID" you are logged in with. Make sure you log into Icloud and the apps, including one drive should just work.