SOLVED

Can someone answer this about Anonymous Links?

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone,

My company is exploring enableing anonymous links for OneDrive but we only want to do it for certain users when it's needed.  The idea is that a user who needs it would request it and we would then enable them.  The default for everyone else would be no anonymous links.

On the user pane in the O365 portal you seem to be able to manage anonymous links per user, but is there a way to turn it on for the orginization is a whole but enable it just for specific users?

Thanks in advance,

John

7 Replies
You can turn it off for the organisation as a whole, and enable it per user - yes. It would involve PowerShell and is not that complex, but would probably more so be frustrating from an admin overhead perspective.
Also what's to stop the person emailing the attachment or using an alternative solution like Dropbox instead?

We actually want to use it to replace DB at some point but understand your point.  I'll do some searching for the PS code.  Appreciate the quick reply.

Hi John,

Sorry for the late follow-up here, this got hidden in my e-mail :) The PowerShell listed above will let you enable/disable anonymous links per user's OneDrive. We are also releasing a feature (should be available shortly) that will let you use security groups to control who is allowed to share externally and share anonymous across ODB and SharePoint Online. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

There's actually no powershell posted above, he just references it.   Can you perhsps provide it?

@Stephen Rice wrote:

Hi John,

Sorry for the late follow-up here, this got hidden in my e-mail :) The PowerShell listed above will let you enable/disable anonymous links per user's OneDrive. We are also releasing a feature (should be available shortly) that will let you use security groups to control who is allowed to share externally and share anonymous across ODB and SharePoint Online. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Stephen Rice

best response confirmed by John Nash (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Sure. 

You're going to use Set-SPOSite to do this. The command will look something like:

Set-SPOSite -Identity https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com/personal/srice_contoso_com -SharingCapability ExternalUserSharingOnly

thank you very much!

Thanks to everyine else who responded!

Happy to help!

Stephen Rice

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Nash (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Sure. 

You're going to use Set-SPOSite to do this. The command will look something like:

Set-SPOSite -Identity https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com/personal/srice_contoso_com -SharingCapability ExternalUserSharingOnly

View solution in original post