SOLVED

Backup up on Mac with the new OFB Preview client

Iron Contributor

Im been running the new OneDrive for Business app on Mac since the release became avaliable. Im planning to replace my current MacSync setup with OneDrive for Business app.

Is there anyone who knows how to get the App to backup My Documents folder and Desktop on a Mac Running Mac OS X Sierra ? Maybe using symbolic link on Mac?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Glen Ringkøbing Jensen (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Found a solution - Are using MacDropAny which let me sync Document and Desktop folder to my OneDrive, and when finished uploading Documents I unchecked the folder I only want in the Cloud and the folders were deleted locally.

Combined with my Safari and Chrome saving downloads in OneDrive and Printscreens save on OneDrive aswell. I now have a complete backup solution with the new OneDrive client.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Glen Ringkøbing Jensen (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Found a solution - Are using MacDropAny which let me sync Document and Desktop folder to my OneDrive, and when finished uploading Documents I unchecked the folder I only want in the Cloud and the folders were deleted locally.

Combined with my Safari and Chrome saving downloads in OneDrive and Printscreens save on OneDrive aswell. I now have a complete backup solution with the new OneDrive client.

View solution in original post