2 questions about Move to SharePoint > Size limitation and time per GB

Steel Contributor
  1. Copy from OneDrive to SharePoint has a 500MB size limitation does Move have the same limitation?
  2. We have 70GB to move.  Any estimates on how long this will take?  This will be a OneDrive Online to SharePoint Online MOVE.  (Nothing to do with syncing on PCs)

Thanks for a speedy response.

Christine

4 Replies
I would use a 3rd party tool Burbank I already own one. I did use move to move a good 4GB the other day and 800 files and it went surprisingly fast. So you should be good. I would just use copy thou so if anything goes wrong you can just remove the files from destination and try again another way if needed.

Thanks for the quick response Christopher.  I am glad to hear it went fast.  We cannot use copy since we need all the versioning to move with the file.  Obviously there is not a 500mb limit like copy has which is good. I am curious what other's experiences have been.

@Deleted wrote:
I would use a 3rd party tool Burbank I already own one. I did use move to move a good 4GB the other day and 800 files and it went surprisingly fast. So you should be good. I would just use copy thou so if anything goes wrong you can just remove the files from destination and try again another way if needed.

they were supposed to remove the size limits with the deployment over time of the move command so I would just throw a large file to test and see. If it fits on OneDrive it should be able to be moved.
+ 1 to use a third party tool that for sure will copy the information faster and will help you a lot with any issue you can have in the copy process.