OneDrive Sync issues! Worked Fine for years now playing up! WHS 2011

Copper Contributor

Is anybody else experiencing long delays in files being synced?

I have OneDrive setup to run as a service on my WHS 2011 Machine and its worked great for years and now there seems to be long delays when syncing the files.  I have an offsite PC and Onsite PC and a WHS 2011 (server) all use a separate account and all have read/write access to shared folders on the onsite PC account.

If I add or delete files on the WHS 2011 they appear as expected almost instantly on the offsite PC and Onsite PC. If I then delete that file on the Onsite PC nothing happens on the server. Likewise if I add a file to the Onsite PC nothing happens on the server. If I wait long enough 20+ minutes the the changes will sync eventually!

So it seems the issue may reside on the WHS 2011 (Server), it seems fine processing changes made on the server but changes made in the cloud don't seem to get synced efficiently or at all in some instances! The only way to force it to sync is stop and start the service.  The same issues is present if running at through the app instead of a service.

I have contacted OneDrive Assistance and performed many tests but they were unable to rectify the issue and ask me to contact Business Help!

I did find information of how to 'Install the OneDrive sync app per machine' but this has made no difference.  I also found information about OneSyncSvc and OneSyncSvc_5d7a3 that runs on Windows 10 and is part of syncing OneDrive but I can't find any info about WHS 2011 needing this or not.

Like I said at the start everything has run fine for 5+ years with no changes made to the systems apart from OneDrive Updates and Windows Updates.

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance

Cheers

0 Replies