Try it now toggle missing in windows outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi, I recently clicked the "Try It Now" toggle in Outlook and the toolbar at the bottom of the screen was relocated to a vertical position along the left hand side.  I found a suggestion online to turn the toggle off but when I went back in to try this it had disappeared.

Does anyone have any idea on what i may have done wrong ?

8 Replies

@wkpas 

I'm having the same problem. When the toggle was there I clicked the question mark out to the side and it mention something about reverting it. But I can't remember what it said to do. I've been scouring every setting in outlook and can't find anything about removing the 'appbar'.

@AKSmedley 

Close and start Outlook in safe mode by Start - run - Outlook.exe /safe 

Close outlook and start it again in normal mode.

@NixonPhilip 

I tried closing Outlook, relaunching Outlook in safe mode, and then relaunching Outlook. The Try it now toggle switch is still missing. 

@NixonPhilip 

I had to do a quick repair and then open it in safe mode as an administrator. It made me jump through hoops but it's back to normal

I tried your suggestion and was not entirely successful. If I run cmd as admin then launch Outlook in safe mode it prompts for credentials. I put the users creds in and then it hangs/never progresses. If after the repair I launch Outlook in safe mode from a run line then it does not fix the issue. I tried both quick repair and online repair followed by Outlook safe mode.  @AKSmedley 

@wkpas 

I had the same problem. I just started Outlook in safe mode, enabled the new version, and disabled immediately.
After that, my Outlook starts in the classic version.

@ppimentel 

It works!
Thank you 

Thanks, @ppimentel, that worked! Frustrating that MSFT developers led us all down a dead-end!