PowerPoint 16.65 and 16.66 (22090700) "arrange" menu item does not respond to mouse.

Copper Contributor

Noticed this first on the 16.65 build. Running on an M1 MBP with macOS Ventura latest beta (7) Powerpoint's "arrange" menu item does not work with a mouse. Initially was using MX3 mouse with logioptions, removed Logioptions and the issue remains. I can select "Arrange" and navigate to align etc with the arrow keys but there is no response from using a mouse. I updated to the latest build on the beta channel (22090700) and the issue is the same. Assume that is a bug. At least the arrow keys provide a workaround for now.

12 Replies
I experience the same thing. I'm on 16.65 (Mac). Since 16.65 submenu's are not working in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. I can only reach them with the arrow keys, not with my mouse or trackpad.

@1961russ 

Confirmed I have the same problem, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MacOS Ventura, versions 16.65 and 66. All submenus do NOT work with mouse. arrow keys are a workaround.

@Brian_Jalet   Yes it is frustrating, reported to MS through the “I don’t like something” and received a response that beta versions of MacOS. are not supported but they are aware of the problem . Ironic on an insider preview build of office! 

@1961russ Ventura Beta 8 seems to fix the problem

Interesting. Unfortunately not for me. Still a problem.
You guys found a solution? I have countered the same issue which seems like impossible...
I'm having the same issue with basically every menu that requires a drop-down selection. You can open the menu with the mouse, but you must navigate with the arrow keys for now.

@1961russ 

I have just updated my Mac to the latest MacOS Ventura Beta 13.0 (22A5358e)

and the problem seems to be fixed on all MS Office apps :)

@pdhancock You are right! Updated to beta 7 and it is solved!