Outlook for Mac is not launching after updating to v16.66 (22083100) on macOS Catalina

Copper Contributor

The same thing is happening again. Just as it started crashing at launch with the initial update to 16.65 on the Beta Channel. The same Finder crash report has appeared after the update.

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

I think Beta versions are being released too early without sufficient internal testing. This is fourth occasion where the same problem has appeared after an update. Each time, the problem was cured some days later after few further updates.

The cure for 16.65 took several updates. I hope the cure comes quicker this time.

3 Replies

@Refik_Telhan I have the same problem…again.

Resolved by returning to release 16.64 and disabling automatic update.

Hi Rob,

Having a second Mac running macOS Catalina and the stable versions of Office applications, I was able to reach the built-in support team of Outlook for Mac and received the following response:

---------------
Thank you for your time, Refik. I would like to inform you that we are aware of this issue and would like you to know that this issue you're experiencing has been reported to the Development Team along with your ticket and we are working diligently to fix this. The report is already being filed with the concerned team. I understand the severity of the issue and the requirement for the resolution. Since this needs to be tested and the fix needs to be rolled out, we would not be able to provide an ETA on the fix.

You may also refer to the Microsoft blog, where all the updates to the latest features and fixes are announced. Here is the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/release-notes-office-for-mac
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-in-Outlook-for-Mac-5...

You can also reach out to us anytime, to check the status of this reported issue, by starting a new conversation and through our archives; we will pull-up the archives to continue to assist you.

Having said the above, please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with, thanks!
September 6, 2022, 2:25 am
-------------------------
Following today's update to v16.66 (22090502), Outlook for Mac is launching.