Improved search experience in the Outlook Address Book

Microsoft

All of you are no doubt familiar with the Address Book in Outlook for Windows. It’s full of information about your contacts or your company’s list of employees. Brett Waldbaum, a Software Engineer Manager on the Outlook team, is excited to share with you some improvements we’ve made to the Address Book search experience.

It is easy to miss that there are two options available at the top of the Address Book dialog box: Name only and More columns. When searching with the Name only option selected (the previous default setting), the list of results scrolls as you type to where there are listings that match the beginning of that name (known as prefix matching) or later in the alphabet.

For example, typing “Rob” in the Address Book Search box would show results such as “Robbie Johnson” and “Roberta Smith” (along with other names below them in the Address Book).

img1c-addressbook-robj-crop900.png

Read all about it, right here.  

Best,
Iqra

Office Insider Community Manager

Become an Office Insider and gaining exclusive access to new features and help shape the future of Office. Join Now: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android

1 Reply
Why can't we get these contact details in the New Outlook for Mac? I have an exchange account and it would be nice to see these details as well. I don't see the option to even add more columns in my contact list. Thank You.