Import data from picture in Excel for Windows

Microsoft

Hello Office Insiders! Steve Kraynak, Product Manager on the Excel team is excited to share with you the availability of a new feature that enables you to turn images with table data into data that you can edit in Excel: Data from Picture!

Data from Picture

Have you ever had to type data from a printed page into Excel? Wouldn’t it be a lot easier if you could take a picture, and then have Excel do the tedious work of inputting the data for you? Of course it would!

With the new Data from Picture feature in Excel for Windows, you can insert data from a picture on your clipboard or an image file from your computer. There’s no need to type all the data—Excel can do it for you!

How it works
1. Use one of the options below to capture the content you want to digitize:

Select Data > From Picture > Picture From File.

DataFromPic-crop.png

Copy an image of a table to your clipboard. For example, take a screenshot of a table by pressing Windows+Shift+S. Then select Data > From Picture > Picture From Clipboard

Read about the rest here in the blog post!

Cheers,
Evann

Office Insider Community Manager

Become an Office Insider and gaining exclusive access to new features and help shape the future of Office. Join Now: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android

1 Reply

@evannfarmer 

Hi, I appreciate the information. I'm still having issues. How do I know based on my current version of Excel that it has this capability? When I try to use this feature, the "Picture from Clipboard" option is not showing.. Below is my current version of Excel for Windows. Thanks.

Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2207 Build 16.0.15427.20182) 64-bit