SOLVED

Override Office Apps from Office 365 University to Office 365 Enterprise!!!

Brass Contributor

Hi!

I previously had installed on my computer the office apps (Word,Excel,PowerPoint, Outlook) having used my University Account, now I work, and my company just purchased an Office 365 E5 License Subscription and I want to stop using the office apps which are property of my college account and instead install the apps again but from my E5 company subscription.

I already did the process of erasing the office apps (From University) and installed from my company portal the Office 365 ProPlus to my computer, but when I open the apps and go to the tab "About this Outlook" it stills says that the app belongs to my college account. So then I did a little research and saw a post that said that I needed to sign in to my college account and deactivate the Office apps connected to my device from there and supposedly everything would work just fine when I re-installed the office apps but from my company account , so I did that, but when doing the process again an open, let's say Word, it stills says that it belongs to my college account, and now I don't know what else to do. 

Could someone help me if they have experienced this issue and successfully deployed their office apps?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Devryk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hello@Devryk ! 

Seems like the old license is having a grace period on your computer that you can remove using CMD as an admin. 

1: Start CMD as an administrator 

2: Run the following comand 

cscript "%Programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus

You will then see something similar to this, note the last 5 characters of the key  

clipboard_image_1.png

3: Then run this command, replacing <Key> with the last 5 digits previously noted 

cscript "%Programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:<key>

After that, restart your computer and then start Word or any other Office program, you should either be asked to activate once again, or the correct name should already be seen in the "belongs to" field. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards
Oliwer Sjöberg

Hi @oliwer_sundgren !

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

The detail that I did't mention on the post is that I was using a Mac OS and fortunately I did find information on what I was asking.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-for-mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8ca...

... either way, thank you for the response! :lol: 

No problem at all! :)

I'm glad you found a solution for your issue!

Have a good one!

Kind regards
Oliwer Sjöberg
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Devryk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hello@Devryk ! 

Seems like the old license is having a grace period on your computer that you can remove using CMD as an admin. 

1: Start CMD as an administrator 

2: Run the following comand 

cscript "%Programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus

You will then see something similar to this, note the last 5 characters of the key  

clipboard_image_1.png

3: Then run this command, replacing <Key> with the last 5 digits previously noted 

cscript "%Programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:<key>

After that, restart your computer and then start Word or any other Office program, you should either be asked to activate once again, or the correct name should already be seen in the "belongs to" field. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards
Oliwer Sjöberg

View solution in original post