Outlook 2016 for Mac does not download email

Copper Contributor

Greetings,

First time inquirer. I am hoping that someone here knows more than my I.P. support.

I have installed Office 2016 on a Mac Pro running High Sierra. I.P. is Frontier fiber-optic, who uses Yahoo's servers to host their provided email service. I use Outlook as a desktop client to negotiate all my email, which has worked well until this last Monday. After double-checking that my email is successful (receive and send) at the webmail level, support double-checked al appropriate settings in the Outlook account settings - all should be working. What happens now is that I can send any email, including attachments, out (so smtp.frontier.com is okay) but Outlook simply refuses to download any incoming mail (which uses pop3.frontier.com). All peripheral settings re: security, default ports, authentication have been verified - Outlook simply refuses to fetch the mail (which again, by viewing the web page entry into my email verifies that receiving mail up to that stage is successful).

Has anyone had this issue? Frontier support suggested trashing the Outlook application and reinstalling (not sure if i can install Outlook ala carte), but this seems unfeasible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for considering.

Regards,

dl_collins

0 Replies