Does anyone actually have an installation of outlook 16.48 or higher on MacOS 10.14 or higher, in which searching for text appearing in the message body actually returns in the message results?
Choose any email, copy a string of text from the message body that does not appear in the subject, paste it into the search field and hit return. Neither the email from which I copied nor any other with that phrase is returned.
We have about 60 installs of Office. Once we upgraded them to 16.48, searching on message content no longer works. Searching subject, to, cc, any other header data works fine.
This is across OSs (10.14-11), across Office versions (16.48 and above). Office has been removed, reinstalled, new profiles made, drives reindexed, permissions verified; we've tried exchange, imap, and pop accounts. It simply does. not. work.
I spent months go back and forth with Microsoft and in the end they tried to say, in effect, "not our problem if spotlight isn't working right; that's Apple's fault." Well, regardless the technology you are using to power your search function, if it's not working, that IS your problem.
I just want to know if this is planet-wide or our five dozen machines are just that unlucky.