Posting word document to Teams with links within the document and to external docs......

Copper Contributor

I am relatively new to Microsoft Teams and the whole Office 365 environment. I am looking for information on how we can better utilize the Teams program for our company. One of the things I want to be able to do is include our Policies and Procedures manual into the file feature of Teams. This document is pretty lengthy with may links to sections within in the document and to external files/forms. We currently have it setup and working within our network environment. But adding to Teams breaks the links. Is there any documentation that shows how something like this can be done? Or is there a better way I can do this?

3 Replies
Hi,
Links to other documents only work if the documents you link to are in the same place (the same folder) and id the user of the first document may also access the linked ones.
What I can think of:
- put all the documents in a folder on Teams
- or create a Onenote with all the documents included
Kind regards
Hans
Symptoms ?
Attempting to upload or download a OneNote file or notebook fails when using Microsoft Teams.

Solution
Download or upload the file directly in SharePoint Online.
For more Information, about Teams known issues - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Information about Teams known issues - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-welcome?WT.mc_id=email