OFFICE ONLINE SERVER to be installed on its own server locally

Copper Contributor

If you have an office volume license on the Microsft EasyOpen portal, you can download the Office Online Server version by installing it on your own server. The installed version of OOS can be associated, for example, with the service of sharpoint, owncloud, nexcloud etc. etc. where there are documents that can be viewed and / or edited.

The users of the company that purchased the volume license agreement will be able to read and edit the documents on the web: so if the oss server (configured correctly) is associated with the nextcloud, by accessing nexcloud where the documents are, these users will view and be able to edit documents.

from these articles:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/licensing/how-to-license-office-web-apps-server

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint-bi/sp2016-2019-office-online-licensing/m-p/355302

are mentioned:
1) "External Users" are users who are not employees of you or your affiliates, or your or your affiliates' on-site collaborators or agents.
External users can log into Office Web Apps to view or edit documents using Office Web Apps without additional licensing requirements. "

2) For example, suppose you are deploying an Office Web Apps Server to support a SharePoint site that is accessible outside the firewall and used by customers to upload a request for proposal. Both customers and employees can view and edit these documents without additional Office licensing requirements.

What do these two points mean?

If I create users on the nexcloud to whom I share a space and / or documents to be used, I send the credentials to the customers, will they be able to modify the documents without having the office license in multicentre or without an office 365 license?

Other case:
For example, if a customer has their own owncloud server where the documents reside, oss can also be associated with their owncloud system to allow viewing and editing of the documents ??
That is, instead of creating a space and credentials on the nexcloud system for the customer, it is possible to associate oss to their system in order to have a space and documents on which to work with their customers and also perform online editing without the customer having licenses volume licensing or office365 licenses?

The speech is a bit complex and I hope I have expressed myself in such a way as to understand the issue of licenses to be used.

0 Replies