Looking for advice

Brass Contributor

Hello

I've developed relatively small MS Access solutions for years. They've help me in my work in many ways. Now I'm looking for advice on alternatives to MS Access.

In my job we're moving all to OneDrive + SharePoint Online, and they will remove the network drivers (so sharing a back-end will not be possible anymore). Besides, with this new "normal", where we might need to work remotely anytime, I'd rather not have a front-end on the machine. It'd better be fully web-based.

I know I could get into SQL and Azure, but what about the front-end? The applications I make are rather small (e.g. now thinking of one to track test results for candidates), so I don't want (and can't) get into major and difficult architectures. I'm a sort of advanced user who knows how to code. I have a fairly good understanding of code, databases, etc. but I'm not a pro.

Before we moved to SharePoint Online I prepared a few fairly complex document management solutions in SharePoint 2013, and I wonder if SP Online may be used to prepare this solution I need to track test results (and eventually prepare reports and stats).

Thank you

Leonel

0 Replies