Your organization doesn't allow you to download, print or sync using this device.

Copper Contributor

We have started to roll out and migrate our users content to SharePoint and OneDrive and starting to notice more and more users getting the following:

"Your organization doesn't allow you to download, print or sync using this device. To use other actions, use a device that's joined to a domain or marked compliant by Intune. For help, contact your IT department." 

This seems to be happening on a mix of desktop and laptops.

We have a Hybrid environment at the moment with everything being done in AD and being synced back to AAD.  

So far we have tried re-joining the device to the domain, the Windows 10 Accounts Edge plug TNA. 

dsrecmd is not the same for all devices with this issue also! 

Can anyone offer any advice or suggestion?

9 Replies
They are not unmanaged devices tho.

@Maff_ If you limit access on unmanaged devices, users on managed devices must use one of the supported OS and browser combinations Conditions in Conditional Access policy - Azure Active Directory | Microsoft Docs or they will also have limited access.

Maybe I needed to add some additional info to the original post but the devices are all using edge.

We are stuck in rut a the tenant is managed on a national level with areas delegated to local IT teams, and we have had very little support from above!

Everything to my knowledge has been set correctly
Reach out to the official support then?

@Maff_ Did you get to the bottom of this? We are experiencing the same issue on some managed devices. For example I have 2 work accounts on my machine, one shows the "Your organisation doesn't allow..." message and the other doesn't. 

@David_Gumbleton There was a change made to our conditional access policies - Sorry I cant be more specific as I wasn't part of the change after! 

@David_Gumbleton We've also just run into this on managed machines. 

I'm sure it is the baseline microsoft security, but in turning it off mean being unprotected. I'll be testing it later today hopefully and can report back.

I've also tried to leave it on and make an exception using Conditional Access.... **Crossing fingers**

@MrDavo-SC Were you able to resolve this? Having the exact same problem. No issues when on my work laptop at the office, but get this error message when working from home while connected to office VPN. Oddly enough, its not a problem when I try to open Microsoft Office documents from the Microsoft Edge browser while at home. Only see this error when using Google Chrome. Even our local IT support can't figure out why.