Worst Support ever seen!

Copper Contributor

Hallo,

we had an business critical issue at a costumer site....Support tool says call back will be in 30 minutes...call happens about 44 hours later...in this time we had to migrate the customer public folder to shared mailboxes to keep the company running with a minimum of communication. No one takes care about this issue, no statement from microsoft, customer has a fall out for about two days!!!

No refund for the customer an we have 8 hours working time. no compensation till today. Last mail from

03 July stays unanswered although 5 recipients got the mail and also read it!!!

Great company, best way to make business!!

15 Replies

Sorry to hear you had a subpar experience, with I assume Office 365 support, though I think some of the details are lost on me. Waiting two days for a callback isn't great, though I would have pestered them if needed long before then depending on the criticality.  For critical issues, the response time is meant to be one hour or next day for 'high' rated issues.

If we are talking generally about Office 365 support, I have found them to be reasonable but sometimes it can be a bit hit or miss.  Some customers will pay for better support for these exact reasons and even then it may not be perfect.  Office 365 is quite unusual in that it includes free support at all, many of their other services this is an extra cost like in Azure.      

Agree with Cian, I think Office 365 standard support is not intended for critical support scenarios...for those scenarios is better to have also in place other support mechanisms

Well, it was critical enough for the customer. Now, we might know the intrinsics of the support system in a bit more detail, but for the "regular Joe" out there, the very least Microsoft can do is provide some additional information on how things are supposed to work. They removed the "severity" field a long time ago, and nowadays you cannot even provide in-context information - instead you're supposed to wait for the call. The 1h SLA might sound good on paper, but in reality we get cases like this one.

I always advise people to call in directly instead of waiting: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Contact-Office-365-for-business-support-32a17ca7-6fa0-4870-...

Hi at all,

@ Peter, we don't expect better support as the standard, we expect the standard support which says 1h in business critical issues!! Not 44 hours. Microsoft was not able to provide the standard support which ....by the way...is already paid from the customer!

We had the same case about 4 weeks before, same procedure, support call was generated on friday, call back came on monday!!

The 1 hours response time at business critical cases is part of the contract which made MS with the customers.

@Vasil, you're right, sounds good at the paper but when Microsoft creates a support system where's no way to mark an issue as business critical it makes no sense!!!

Maybe one way to shirk their responsibility!

Thing is, if they provide you such possibility, it gets abused :) Anyway, I've forwarded your feedback to some folks at MS directly responsible for the support model.

Microsoft says Office 365 support includes critical issues but if I was going to actually use it for that I would definitely call in rather than open an online request. Those get an acknowledgement within an hour pretty consistently (for enterprise anyway) but don't carry a sense of urgency.

That's why we have a premier support agreement for the real emergencies.

Hi Geoffrey,

thats what i did also!!! 5 Calls Support Hotline...German Support not available, I know...than i choosed english, first two calls no one within over 15 minutes waiting time. next calls no one able to help, said could not support this cause their is an open support case for the concierge team!

At all i'd say Microsoft sells this product with the described included support but is not able or willing to fullfill this! We and our customers will not pay for premier support if the standard support at all isn't working!

I agree here, it should NOT be necessary to pay for Premier in order to get proper support. Or, Microsoft should simply stop marketing the service as "includes support".

By any chance, was this incident for a tenant in the German datacenter region?

The only reason that I ask is that the issue of data soverignity makes support in Germany a tad more complex than in other datacenter regions. There's no excuse for a 44-hour response time (unless you're trying to set a world's record for support delays), but it might be a contributory factor.

Hi Tony,

i guess so....it's a german customer, data should be hosted in dublin and or amsterdam...

Has anyone an idea where we get the refund for our working time????

Billing team says they can do nothing, has to be done by the concierge team, concierge team didn't answer since weeks!!!

Well, the tenant could be in the EMEA datacenter region (DCs in Dublin, Amsterdam, Helsinki, and Vienna) or it could be in the German datacenter region (DCs in Frankfurt am Main and Magdeburg). You could check by looking at the datacenter name for a mailbox. If the datacenter prefix is EUR, it's the EMEA region. I think it might be GER for Germany. Or try the script at https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/PowerShell-Script-to-a6bbfc2e to see what it tells you.

HELLO TO ALL!!!

we made the same ticket for the customer on our support portal. This issue hasn't been solved since 16.06.2017 19:02:56 !!!

No one worked on this case!!! It has a different Ticket Number to the customer.

WE ARE NOT ABLE TO MAKE ANY NEW SUPPORT TICKET SINCE 5 WEEKS!!!

@Anne Michels another one for your list...

Hi Markus,

first of all, apologies for the experience you've had. Having a quick, easy and trustworthy support experience is crucial for all of our customers and I'd like to look into what delayed the response in your case. Could you please send me a short email to anne.michels(@)microsoft.com with the ticket number?

Thanks,

Anne

Hi Markus,

following up on this. Not sure if you saw my response from two weeks ago. We'd love to look into your support ticket. Your experience is not acceptable. Could you please send me your ticket number to anne.michels@microsoft.com?

Thanks,

Anne