WORD - Track Changes comment author changes to wrong account

Copper Contributor

We have run into a few instances where a user is logged into WORD and while in track changes mode adds a comment.  However, the author of the comment is not appearing as the account the user is currently logged in as, but another or personal account.  For instance WORD shows in top right that Email address removed is logged in.  But the author on the comment shows as Email address removed.   We have gone to the Review Tab, Track Changes Options, Change User Name and it shows Email address removed

we have deselected the 'Enable LinkedIn features in my Office applications' just incase it is pulling the user@home from LinkedIn.  Anyone else run into this issue? 

5 Replies
Hey, did you manage to find a resolution to this, i'm running in to the same issue
Same problem here. For me, Excel seems to like to default to the account of the OneDrive where the file is stored, NOT the user 'signed-in' as indicated in the top-right of the program.
update to my own comment here, we managed to resolve this. The issue was a misnamed contact in the user's contacts. The user at the top was signed in but when commenting was showing someone else's name. that name in their contacts had his (the user signed in) email address associated with That name so it was changing to that name instead of his own.

@AndrewNZ We are seeing this as well and have not been able to find the source of the incorrect name. When you mention the misnamed contact, are you referring to the user's Outlook contacts? 

Thanks

Hi,
Unfortunately, I run into the same issue.
I have multiple Office365 accounts, and although I try to have a main one, I have to switch in between them for features to work properly. However, whenever I am trying to put a comment onto a word file which is stored in OnDrive of MyAccountA, and opened with Word signed in with as MyAccountA, I cannot use the "@" to direct the comment to MyAccountA colleague, but it suggests colleagues from MyAccountB instead. I have checked everything and switched all the possible logins I can think of, I even restarted the machine, but nothing. I can only do it by opening the file online, via the "View online" option. No clear solution just yet.